Thursday, November 21, 2013

You can't stay in here all day dreaming about heroin and Ziggy Pop and pikeys.

I was considering graduate school in England for a little while when I was still in my mid-twenties. Probably get a nice flat with a lift. I don't know if I could have actually gone through with it or not though. Alas, I had other reasons to stay in Iowa. 

Lately I've been watching the British series Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Each episode is deliciously addictive. I think it is brilliant that the running time for each show is 90 minutes. It allows for a bigger story to develop, but the writing is excellent so pacing seems spot on. On the exact opposite end of the British television spectrum, I've also been a huge fan of The Inbetweeners. Check it out the next time you fire up Netflix. You would be in good company - Prince William and Catherine saw the movie in the theater. It is unknown whether they received the Queen's approval or not.


This is for all you Cumberb!tches.
God save the queen.


There are many great films that take place in Great Britain. For some reason or another, two of my absolute favorites are Snatch and Trainspotting. Love him or hate him, Brad Pitt as a pikey is one of the best characters of all time. Trainspotting is a little more serious but is a fun ride nonetheless.


I wouldn't make any deals with this guy either. Or anyone belonging to a caravan club, I suppose.

Periwinkle Blue.
- Dapper

No comments:

Post a Comment