Friday, November 29, 2013

Mr. Boddy threatened to send those pictures to my dear old mother, the shock would've killed her. Much like moshing.

I remember looking up the movie Clue on IMDB one day just to see what everyone has been up to. Sadly, some have passed away in recent years. I always thought the guy that played Mr. Boddy (spoiler alert: he's the one who dies) was an interesting character. His name is Lee Ving. In my search I found that he was the singer and rhythm guitarist for a punk band called Fear

This band was loved by John Belushi, an SNL alum and all around crazy person. He somehow convinced the people at SNL to have Fear perform on a live show on Halloween in 1981. How did anyone think this was a good idea? As you would expect, things did not go as planned. The crazy kids started doing this newfangled thing called 'moshing' and some stuff got damaged, including an expensive camera. Moshing has been frowned up ever since that fateful day.

Here is the best video I could find of that performance:



I can just imagine my parents watching this at home with us rug-rats running around and not being able to make sense of what they were seeing. You were seeing the future, mom and dad!

-Dapper

No comments:

Post a Comment