Friday, February 14, 2014

There's no limit to what he could do. He could destroy the Earth. Or give everyone hugs.

Well, it's that time of year again. Time to spread love all over the land. My lovely lady has developed a sweet Valentine's Day card for y'all based off of The Day the Earth Stood Still. This is a classic sci-fi movie that I recommend to everyone. It has many good messages, but most importantly, it lets us know that at any point we misbehave as a planet we can be annihilated by giant space robots. So spread the love, fellow humans. And remember, Klaatu barada nikto.

I would also like to point out this little diddy from The Rocky Horror Picture Show called "Science Fiction/Double Feature." My favorite version of this song is by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - found here.

"Michael Rennie was ill
The day the earth stood still
But he told us where we stand"


[Some day I will have to write more about the time I rented The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my mom when I was about 12.  We loved Tim Curry in Clue and IT, so we gave this a chance. That was an interesting afternoon. Lots of questions.]

Happy Valentine's Day!
- Dapper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment