Friday, November 22, 2013

The Dapper machine: zero defects

Well, it's cold and flu season once again. I hope my antibodies are doing their job. It's showtime little guys. This reminds me of one of the most memorable scenes from Fantastic Voyage. I don't recall much from this as I saw it probably 20 or 25 years ago (jeez, I'm old). But I do remember when the white blood cells attack one of the crew members and kill him. Science!

When I saw this movie I was old enough to know that the plot was pure fiction...but somehow I thought there might be a chance. And I would be more than happy to be on the maiden voyage with Raquel Welch. And some real scientists who knew what they were doing so we wouldn't die horrible deaths.

I am more familiar with the cheesy semi-knockoff called Innerspace. I think this and Three Amigos are the only acceptable Martin Short movies. I also have a thing for 1980s Meg Ryan.


Is this anywhere near the Islets of Langerhans?

Stayin' alive
-Dapper

No comments:

Post a Comment