Thursday, November 14, 2013

Yeah, well, uh, just keep your Power Gloves off my memories, pal, huh?

There are lots of movie and video game tie-ins these days, but perhaps my favorite is when we were all introduced to Super Mario Bros. 3 in the movie The Wizard. I was pretty much addicted to video games when this movie came out, and I also loved The Wonder Years, so there was no way I was going to miss this one. And then toward the end when I saw Mario dressed like a raccoon it BLEW MY MIND! What did it all mean!?

Now there are Tomb Raider movies, Star Wars video games, and so on. Some are good, some are not so good, but none have left such a lasting impression as The Wizard. Sure, it was just a 100 minute ad for Nintendo dressed in cheesy 80's garb, but I didn't care. I wanted to be that weird little kid that was insanely good at video games. It would be my warp whistle outta this town.




You can probably just throw that right in the garbage.

It's-a-me, a-Dapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment